Instagram has grown to be a massive social networking medium and is used by more than 1.3 billion. It is used as a photo-sharing app, primarily. But also has messaging features which have made it very special.
Being such a popular app, it always brings new algorithms, updates, and changes. Thus, it is quite understood that the messaging features also get their updates. Instagram Messages, or Direct Messages as they are called, received an update where you can send Vanishing Messages. Well, these are a bit difficult to access after the window is closed.
Instagram, like any other app, has made it difficult for its users to access their deleted messages for the sake of protecting their users from any unwanted harm. But there are ways in which you can retrieve those messages too. One such way is by downloading your Instagram data.
Downloading Your Instagram Data
You can download your Instagram data by following these steps:-
1. Go to the Instagram app and select the cogwheel in the top-right corner.
2. Select settings and then scroll down and select “Privacy and Security” to get to your account settings page.
3. Go to “Download a copy of your data” in the “Account” section
4. Now you can click on “Get started”,
5. Next, enter your password, click on “Continue”
6. The next screen will show you all of the information that Instagram stores about your account
7. To download this information, click on “Start my archive” at the bottom of the page.
Next, you’ll receive a link on your email ID from which you can download your data. Now just search for your messages.json file and open it.
You now have access to your deleted Instagram Messages.
If you feel that this way is very long and time-consuming, then don’t worry there are more ways mentioned in our e-book “The Instagram Hacking from Bugs to Bug Bounties| Beginner to Advanced”. Here you get access to not just methods of retrieving messages but a plethora of knowledge about Instagram and its bugs which will help you in earning.